Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Lolita 52 - What's in my closet, but I haven't worn yet!

My wardrobe's growth has been pretty small recently, due to the fact that I've started a new budget that will allow me to spend guilt free. Unfortunately, because of this, I haven't added much to my wardrobe recently in the way of main pieces, but have exchanged some shoes and blouses for things that are more elegant and opulent, and in the long run will lend themselves to more variety in my coordinates. I've found that my style has begun to evolve into less of a traditional sweet aesthetic (not that it was ever the pastel flavor), and more into a classic-sweet hybrid. As much as I find classic beautiful, I just love the cute themes and imagery present in sweet, particularly chocolate and other desserts. However, I am waiting on a few things in the mail (so I guess technically they aren't part of my closet yet), and have a main piece that I've yet to wear to a meet (but have worn in public very briefly).


These two beautiful blouses are from Infanta, and are currently on their way to me from my shopping service. I've been interested in picking up blouses with a more opulent look to them, and these should fit the bill perfectly. While I'm not sure I personally can pull them off with a skirt, I know they should look fantastic under the JSKs I have sitting in my closet. Eventually I plan to add a true princess sleeve blouse to my wardrobe, but they aren't exactly the easiest thing to come by, and certainly not for a lolita on a budget!

I picked these up in brown, pink, and red!
Additionally, I also have sold off some of my more traditional sweet shoes and have purchased several pairs of Bodyline's new shoes! I've always been a fan of Baby's Antique Ribbon Shoes, but the cost of brand shoes is so prohibitive for something I may not wear out that often. And how could you choose just one color! And while these are almost a direct replica, the shoe design itself is so basic I can't feel guilt for owning them. Along with the blouses, I imagine they'll lend themselves well to my changing aesthetic. Like the blouses, they are still in transit. I ordered them during Bodyline's recent shoe sale and free shipping campaign, and they've just now arrived to the United States, only a full month after I placed the order. If it's anything like the last time I ordered shoes during their free shipping, I expect another 10 days or so before they're actually in my hands.

Chess Chocolate bustier
And finally last but not least, I'll mention this. Like I've said, I've technically worn this out, but I've yet to wear it to a lolita event, so I'll consider it unworn... I picked this up from Mbok as a birthday present back in August and have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to wear it out. This is one of my better finds on the Japanese auction sites, I managed to win this dress along with the headbow for a mere 15k yen! I've seen this dress on LaceMarket recently for approximately $300, so I truly feel like I got it for a steal. I hope to wear this soon in a coordinate that's more princess like and less traditional Angelic Pretty sweet style, I've posted a simple collage below. Accessories aren't pictured, and I'm considering going with something different for the headwear, but this is the basics of what I have in mind. What do you think?

It's always hard to figure out how things will really look until you see them all together, in person.
Later this week I hope to make a post about a craft I'm making from one of the Gothic and Lolita Bibles, this blog has been so heavy on the Lolita 52 lately I need to mix it up. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...